The Library Collections Intern will be responsible for standardizing legacy library records in the art museum library’s new CMS database, CollectiveAccess. Position responsibilities will include:
- Checking existent library records for accuracy
- Adding Library of Congress Subject Headings, Getty vocabularies, call numbers, and images to library records
- Creating intellectual relationships between library, artwork, and archival records
- Applying call number labels and barcodes to library items
- Shifting, shelving, and relocating materials as needed
- Responding to reference requests from museum staff
This is a part-time, temporary position of up to 30 hours per week, to be completed during the Fall 2015 semester. The rate of pay is $15 per hour stipend and/or academic credit in line with graduate school requirements.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references electronically through our Glenstone Jobs Portal. The deadline for applications is Friday, July 31, 2015.